What we offer
- NHS Health Check looks at your general health recording your height, weight, age, sex, ethnicity, blood pressure, cholesterol and HbA1c.
- 20-30 minutes appointments available during the day, weekend and evenings.
- Immediate results which are shared with your GP
- Advice on how to improve your health.
- Help to get specialist support if needed.
- Aged 40 – 74 years old
- Live in Warwickshire or are registered with Warwickshire GP
- Have not had an NHS Health Check in the last 5 years
If you do not have any pre-existing health conditions such as:
- kidney disease
- a heart condition including diagnosed high blood pressure
- high cholesterol
Why should I have a NHS Health Check
Even if you feel perfectly well, as you get older, your chances of developing the health conditions above increase, therefore having a NHS Health Check can help you to spot signs of health conditions early and find ways to lower their risk, where we can support you to make the simple changes needed.
What’s involved in a NHS Health Check
During this free ‘midlife MOT’ you’ll be asked some lifestyle questions and a health professional will do some simple tests.
During the 20-30 min session, they will check your Blood pressure, Height, Weight, BMI (a measure of whether you are a healthy weight), Cholesterol and HbA1C (diabetes).
For more information on Health Checks click here.
Where can I have a NHS Health Check
You can book a NHS Health Check at you local GP.